Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Surprise, Surprise!


On Friday afternoon Jason asked me if I had any plans for Sunday after work. Of course, the answer is no... I don't really have any plans this summer, it's great! He said that he had plans and that I couldn't ask any questions.

Well, while working on Saturday, I had asked Katie, another co-worker, if she was working on Sunday. She said "No, I can't. I'm actually going to the Taylor Swift concert tomorrow night in Sioux City, IA." Automatically, I knew that is exactly what Jason's plans were! I asked Katie who was touring with her and her response was, "I don't know, some guy that I have never heard of." Lucky me, that some guy ended up being Dave Barnes!

Jason was definitely shocked that I ended up finding out what the surprise was. We were both really excited because we both love Dave Barnes and Jason has known for a year that I've wanted to see Taylor Swift.
Our seats were INCREDIBLE. They had personal headrests and lots of room... actually, they were in the very back row!!! They were perfect though-we had such a great time. Neither of us had ever been to Sioux City and come to find out, this was the first concert that they had ever sold out in that arena. It was still a pretty small venue, but it was definitely a big deal having those two perform in Iowa!
Taylor Swift is definitely 18! She's just still sort of awkward... dancing around on stage to really no beat at all. She probably said "thank you guys so much" and "I love you all so much" maybe 20 times during the show. That's really pretty much all she said... she's so cute though! She has an amazing voice-- and a bubbly exciting personality. She even did her own version of Rhianna's "Take a Bow." It was fabulous!
It was a perfect night and we had a blast driving through Iowa. It's very flat, surprise surprise. AND, one of the neatest parts of the night: I ran into Katie (the girl from work) in the girls bathroom!

No comments: