Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Brynn's 24th Birthday

On Friday a small group of us went out to celebrate Brynn's 24th birthday! Jason couldn't go because he had class (he's working on his Masters of Economics), so I was a little bummed about that. None the less, the group who went had a great time! I had my first Kona Grill sushi experience and it was absolutely delicious. We had reservations for 8pm; however, when we arrived at the restaurant they had just given our table away. Well, lucky us... they ended up buying us a round of drinks since we had to wait an extra 20 minutes! Appletini, anyone? :)

We all ordered different sushi rolls and I was finally able to try something different besides my regular California and Philadelphia rolls. I don't even know what all I tried but I enjoyed most of them.
Kona Grill is located in Village Pointe in West Omaha and it's just a great outdoor shopping area. (So great that Jason and I went back on Saturday to do a little shopping...) After dinner we walked to the Funny Bone, a local comedy club. Justin, another friend who is also in the Air Force, had purchased a book of free tickets so we all went for free! It was a great night and the comedians were funny-- not too vulgar and had some pretty good lines. I actually liked the introductory guy better than the main act. Justin still has tons of free passes so I am definitely looking forward to going back again this summer.

While working on Saturday, I ended up finding out that Kona Grill actually does a reverse happy hour and from 9-12pm they offer half off sushi, appetizers and drinks. I think next time we'll do comedy club and THEN dinner!

No comments: