Wednesday, July 30, 2008

O! What a Duck Race!

This past Saturday, the 1st Annual Omaha Food Bank "O! What a Duck Race!" took place at Heartland of America Park and it was such a success! When I first volunteered to help out at the Food Bank I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Jewell, my boss, stuck me right in with everyone and for the three weeks prior to the duck race I was doing everything from selling duck adoptions to writing thank you notes to creating the duck olympics (medals and all).

24,500 rubber ducks were sold, raising over $100,000 for the Food Bank! The day was a blast and everyone in attendance had a fabulous FREE family day... I can't say enough good things about the Food Bank OR the duck race!

I'm leaving for California for a few days this afternoon because Jason is in Japan for a few days... I am so excited to see Farrah and Brian, and Kristen and Scott, too! They're old friends from the working days at Cottage Chic and I am excited to visit them in Monterey.
I just wanted to get some pics up for the duck race before leaving. Enjoy!












No comments: